1. What type of metal is used in your recycled bomb products?
The artisans we work with do not work with any live explosives. The artisans use a combination of aluminum bomb scrap metal that has either detonated during war time explosions or more recent controlled detonations from bomb removal professionals. The recycled aluminum also comes from airplane parts and other various wartime machines and objects.
2. Is the metal used toxic or unsafe?
The metal we use is safe and has been tested. It is not radioactive nor does it have any lead, nickel or chromium.
3. I have sensitive ears, can I wear your earrings?
Although all of our earring posts are made with hypoallergenic surgical steel posts or hooks, everyone reacts differently to different metals. Surgical steel is one of the safest option for those who have sensitive ears.
4. How should I care for my jewelry?
It is completely natural for surgical steel, sterling silver and other metals to oxidize or patina over time. There are preventative measures you can take to ensure the longevity in your pieces of jewelry:
- Bathe with warm soapy water and dry off or remove when showering
- Avoid interaction with harsh chemicals found in hot tubs and cleaning products; remove jewelry when doing household tasks such as gardening and repairs and apply make-up and hair spray before putting on jewelry
- After each wearing, gently wipe each piece of jewelry clean of make-up and skin oils with a 100% cotton cloth
- Use a soft polishing cloth to brighten and shine
- Store jewelry separately so it doesn't scratch other jewelry, as well as away from the sunlight and extreme temperatures
5. What is your return policy?
We do not offer full refunds but customers have up to 10 days after delivery to request an exchange on all products (excluding earrings). All items must be unworn, unused or unwashed with the price tags and packaging intact. Sale and clearance items are Final Sale. No exchanges will be accepted on items purchased on sale or with a discount code. For more information on requesting a return please visit our Shipping & Returns page.
6. Does A MILLION ELEPHANTS do custom work?
We do not normally offer custom work to our customers but depending on certain circumstances, there are exceptions. If you are interested in ordering a custom piece please contact us at email@example.com and we can see what we can do!